This page gives details of how SPCB (UK) Limited (‘We’ or ‘The Company’) collects personal data from you, why we collect it, how we process it and where we may disclose it to other companies or governmental/legal bodies.
We may make changes to this page from time to time or when there has been a major change to our website. We therefore recommend that you visit is page when visiting this website.
The Data Protection Act 1998 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation for the purposes of data protection and privacy are important to us and we are registered as a data controller under their terms with the UK Information Commissioner's Office.
SPCB Ltd is registered with the Information Commissioners Office (Registration Number: ZA313965). If you want to make a complaint about the way we have processed your personal information, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office. For more information, please see www.ico.org.uk/concerns.
As from the 25.05.18, the EU General Data Protection Regulation replaces the Data Protection Act 1998. This gives new rights in relation to the privacy of your personal information. If you have any concern about how we are using your data, then please contact us and we will respond to your request as soon as possible and at most within one month. This can be extended, by up to two months, if your request is particularly complex.
You are entitled to have any information that we hold about you rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete. If you believe that the information we hold about you requires rectification, then please let our Data Controller know.
Access Requests allow you to obtain a copy of the information that we hold about you. You have the right to ask us to provide this information free of charge. However, should the request be deemed excessive or repetitive, then we are permitted to charge a reasonable fee for providing the information. We will be happy to provide you with details of all your data we hold, you only have to ask us. We will ask for identification before any information is released. Please remember that the only information we hold is information you have given to us. We do not hold any financial information other than a record of your previous orders.
You can request that we delete the personal information that we hold about you where we have no reason for its continued storage. This will apply:
- Where the holding of the data is no longer necessary for the purposes that it was originally intended
- Where you have withdrawn consent
- When the personal data has to be erased for us to comply with a legal obligation
This right shall not apply:
- Where we are exercising the right of freedom of expression and information
- Where we are complying with a legal obligation
- Where we are archiving data in the public interest, for scientific research or for statistical purposes
- When we need the data to exercise or defend a legal claim
Data We Collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on this website, information provided via live chat and information provided during telephone conversations.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our website and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Session cookies only last for the duration of your visit and are deleted when you close your browser. These support basic functionality such as navigating from page to page and supporting website security. They contain no personal information that can be used to identify you. Persistent cookies last beyond your session to ensure that you have a better experience when you return to the site. These cookies also allow a Company to understand how visitors arrive at the Website.
Third party cookies are cookies used by websites such as YouTube and Google Analytics when accessed on our Website to improve the functionality of the site. They do not collect, store, use or share your Personal Information and cannot be used to identify you.
We may exchange your information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Where false information or fraud is suspected, we may pass this information to fraud prevention and law enforcement agencies.
Retention of Data
Your information is for as long as you hold an account with us to enable us to maintain an ongoing relationship with you and allows us to service the orders that you place with us. We follow a data retention schedule which has been put in place to ensure that we retain the minimum amount of personal data about you. Basically, we hold information about your previous orders and minimum contact details.
In the very unlikely event that your information is compromised, we shall notify both the UK Information Commissioner's Office and you. This notification will be made without delay.